Rhus Tox Oral Solution
is a homeopathic preparation of the resin of the plant Rhus Toxicodendron whti is the base substance of poison ivy and poison sumac. Preparation of “Rhus Tox” in pills, oral solution, and injections have been used for many years in reducing the occurrence and symptoms of poison ivy, poison oak, and sumac.
“Rhus Tox Oral Solution” has been developed from a German formulation which has been successful in reducing the occurrence of poison ivy. The success of this preparation is improved by taking three doses over a two week period during the dormant (winter) phase of the plant’s life cycle. Taking the oral solution during the plant’s active phase (summer) may increase the risk of reaction for the highly sensitive person.
“Rhus Tox Oral Solution” is best taken between meals and mint-flavored foods (mouthwash, mints, gum, etc.) should be avoided. When taking the vial, the solution should be held in the mouth for 30 seconds, then swallowed. Repeat the dose on the same day of the week for a total of three doses.
This preparation has been shown to be effective with a minimal amount of side effects. As will all preparations of this nature, keep out of reach of children.